
It has been a very clear and cold week. Most mornings its around -24c (-12f) and if we are lucky it warms up to -12c (10f) by evening. It can be very miss leading looking out my window at the blue and sunny sky. It looks warm. At least it does when the trees are not frozen white. Today there was this girl ruining on the street with her sweat frozen solid into an ice beard... not for me. I still ride my bike to work, but that 10 minute ride is about all that I want to take. The other day it was -10 and my first thought was how warm it must be out side.
A few weeks ago I got a car. A 2000 VW Polo. Its small and not so fancy, but I was impressed when it started this morning. Still not used to driving on ice. The reason for the car wasn't the cold, but the need to get out of Salo and go hiking somewhere else. There are some nice forests and (frozen) swamps in Teijo, about 10 miles south. Today we drove down to Hanko to look at the frozen Baltic sea in the picture. I didn't walk on it. There is a... um.. activity.. where you wear a survival suit and walk on the ice until it breaks and you fall in and then figure out how to get out. Sounds fun, I know!
Tomorrow I head to Poland for a week of skiing and fun. I should have more to post and pictures to share when I get back. The temperature there is a warm -5! I can't wait to bake in the sun and get some color back in my skin.
2 comments:
So, have you rented a suit yet!
Post a Comment