
Back form Poland. We had a great time walking around the old town sections, visiting museums, and even a little skiing.
We started by traveling to Kraków, which is a ... well a town in Poland. It has a nice old town area and lot of "bohemian" bars. I have noticed that the 'old town' area of these European towns are generally the more touristy medieval looking areas. Like San Diego's old town, but... not. And bigger and more active. Most of the time in town was just spent wandering around looking at old buildings and eating polish kielbasa. Went into the castle there for a small museum.
We then bused down to Zakopane for some skiing on the Tatra mountains. The ski conditions were not great, but there were mountains which was exciting. Beats the 250 foot ski hill here in Salo. The second day we decided to just hike around on the snow covered trails. We stayed at a Pensjon, Willa Villa I think it was called. It was great to have somewhat traditional dinners prepared for us, if only dinner wasn't scheduled for 3:30. Next we bused and trained our way back to Warsaw for two nights and more walking around the old town area there and eating dumplings. I like polish dumplings. You can get them with the normal meet or cheese, but the sweat ones where a nice surprise. Warsaw has a very cool ww2 uprising museum about the failed uprising and subsequent destruction of the city. Though I wouldn't recommend the two mico-breweries. Over all it was a good trip. And it wasn't so cold that it hurt, which was a nice change.
Here are some pictures from the trip. I used a different method to store the pictures. Let me know if its better/worse/don't care compared to the previous method.
5 comments:
My vote is for the old way to display pictures. They are larger. Easier for older eyes to see.
Hi Bri-I vote for the new way-I like the captions-cool!!!
try clicking on the 'slideshow' button, that should make them bigger. you can also click on one to make it bigger
I like the albums in Picasso.
Great work.
Post a Comment