
I had been putting it off all winter, but I finally got myself a set of cross country skis last week. And, of course, this week all the snow melted. But I did have a chance to break them in. When I got the new skis I went straight from the store to the sea ice to test them out (its best to learn someplace flat I was told). And 30 mins later I had traveled a whole 0.5 miles from the car. Turns out its not so easy to cross country ski when you have no idea what you're doing. I took a picture to mark the occasion. I was able to ski maybe 3 more times after that, and with the help of a friend I am proud to say I can ski at about a walking speed!
The Polo is running well. There have been many problems getting in the car though. Even after heating the key to melt the frozen lock, the driver door was frozen shut for about a month. But with the weather warming up I can again lock my car without worrying if I will ever see the inside again, which is a nice. Its almost time to change the winter tires to summer tires. While I am a little disappointed that I missed the skiing season, thoughts of not needing a hat and gloves to go outside does bring a smile to my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment