Monday, March 26, 2007

Homebrew Olut


We attempted to brew beer last Friday, but I think we may have ended up with something else. Our thermometer was a little to large for the pot giving us unreliable readings and in overcompensating for what I thought was cold water we may have killed the yeast. Its all in the fermenter now. We will find out in a few weeks if there were any survivors or if we just have a bunch of surgery, malty water. But it did make the kitchen smell nice for about 3 days straight.

It was over 50 degrees yesterday, so I decided to ride around in my t-shirt for a little bit. The air was a little cold on my bare arms, but boy did the sun feel nice. Sun doesn't go down until 8:30. I can just feel summer coming. It looks like I will be moving apartments this weekend, so I hope the weather holds up. The landlord needed this apartment back, so I am upgrading to one in town less then a mile away. Its by the new restaurant, which is exciting as Salo doesn't have that many. I think its maybe 4 now. Not counting Kebab which numbers around 20. Kebab is the taco shop of Finland.

No comments: