Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Climatology

I was lucky today to finally experience what I guess is called sleet. As I was getting ready to head out for the day I glanced outside and said "oh its snowing." When I looked 5 mins later I said "oh its raining." After the bike ride to work I have come to the conclusion that when I have to chose between rain, snow, hail or sleet falling on me, I will skip sleet. But over all its been warm here... it snowed a few inches on Sunday but already it has all melted.

As you can guess... not much going on. This was just a weather update as I try to keep this page from going static. Hope all is well and warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

It is sleet if it feels like tiny knives poking you in the face and it hurts!

Brian said...

Oh. I guess it wasn't sleet then. At least not in American English. When I look it up at wikipedia there are two definitions. Then what is the American word that describes the UK type sleet - a mix of snow and ice?

linda said...

How lucky you are to have a choice of weather - snow, sleet, hail. I did laugh when you said you could skip the sleet!

Glad you keep up the blog - it's fun to check every so often and see if there is anything new.