
It has been summer for a little over a week now. Finally. Weather is perfect and the days last 24 hours. Its dusk maybe between 1 am and 3 am, but I am usually asleep and miss it. The summer evening markets have started again on Thursdays. It's an enjoyable time drinking "cheap" beer on the river boats and listening to the live humppa music.
This last weekend a friend and I rented the sail boat from the Nokia boat club, and we spent a good portion of the weekend just sailing around in the sun. There was only one moment when we almost capsized, so I'll call it a success. Saturday was also the annual Nokia summer party, the largest party of the year in Salo. There was live music and much to drink and eat, with free entrance into the night clubs after the show.
If you are ever in a situation with more people then bikes, here is a solution I picked up. You have two people and one bike. Person A takes the bike and rides about 200 feet towards your destination (a place to drink beer). He then leaves the bike and continues to walk. Person B then gets to the bike and rides past person A, about 200 feet, leaves the bike and continues on foot. Person A gets to the bike... Rinse and repeat. It looks and feels ridiculous, but it does get you to your destination faster. I was taught this by a friend from Oulu. After showing it to a friend from Salo, his reply was "only someone from Oulu would come up with idea this stupid."
I have another trip planned for this weekend. I'll visit a friend in Hungary and then maybe run over to Austria or Slovakia as well. Hope all is well!
1 comment:
It's beautiful!
Post a Comment