Saturday, June 02, 2007

Berlin


So I had a nice 4 nights in Berlin. The show was great and the weather was warm. First two days it was actually hot. It was over 95 at one point. Soooo nice feeling the sun beating on my skin. I spent most of my time walking the parks and monuments and taking in all the history, stopping for a beer and a wurst every now and then. It was interesting to be in a city that has so recently been completely destroyed. I suppose my favorite parts were just walking the parks. The moment to the holocaust was done very well. Find the pictures here.

Oh, and the Hostel I stayed at was on Karl-Marx-Allee, a huge "monumental socialist boulevard." Also the location of the San Diego Steak House.

There was a surprise for me when I got back to Finland of 80 degree weather. This weekend the sky is clear and everyone is out. June is "kesäkuu" in Finnish, literally 'Summer month', yes, just one month for summer. But the market square is full of people eating ice cream, the street musicians are playing, and the bar boats are docked. I think go I'll grab a book and find a place in the sun.

1 comment:

Michelle Harris said...

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like you had a great time.