Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Typerä Ulkomaalainen


Joona is now two and a half years old. He is the son of Jukka, whom I spend much time hiking in the woods of Tejio with. I first met him when his language skills were not so developed. But he learned Finnish much faster then I have. And now he thinks I am an idiot. I just can't speak. He is constantly taking me by the hand to show and teach me something. "What is this?" he asks. And when I don't reply he tells me "Fire truck." He isn't the best teacher yet, as I still don't know what a fire truck is in Finnish. But its not just language. He also feels the need to show me how to open doors and remind me to put on my shoes on. But its okay, because my bed time is later then his.

So I will be off on my next trip on the 28th. Vicki is visiting from San Diego and we will be heading to first Russia and then Romania, with a stop in Helsinki for a wedding with a hopefully not-limping-groom on the 6th. The usual pictures and maybe stories will follow when it is all done...

No comments: