So I could explain about being really busy (which I am) or having a bad cold (as I do) as to why this hasn't been updated. But really, there is no good excuse.
Last week I was working in Oulu. It's maybe 500 km north, towards the end of the Finnish gulf. I have a friend from the area, and Oulu is spoken of very highly. I even had a list of bars and restaurants to visit. But in hind sight, I think you have to visit while not working or not in November. I mean, its dark enough down here, but they have only maybe 5 hours of day light. And in November, when there is no snow and cloudy, and you spend all your time in a room with no windows, you end up not seeing any natural light. After only 4 days I was tired of it. I now finally understand why so many people complain about this month and long for the snow. Its just so much more less dark when there is i nice reflective covering every where.
So, yeah. I need to re-visit Oulu. But not in November. Yet that was where I spent my Thanksgiving, and as it turned out I had Raindeer and cranbarries for my feast, with even an apple pie like dessert. Just like Marie Calendars used to make.
Anyway my parking break froze Saturday and I couldn't drive anywhere. That was new. And it was only -2.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment