Saturday, June 28, 2008

Home Again


So it seems that I have settled down a little bit here in Seattle. Vicki and I have fully moved in and lightly furnished our studio apartment, and I have landed a job at the Local Software Company. I have been getting a few requests to keep this updated, so.....

It took a little time for me to adjust to being back in the US. Mostly it was just being in a English speaking country again. I was so used to the thought that I can't just stop and talk to anyone, it took awhile to get over that. Not that people understand me when I talk, but that's normal. Only thing is now I can't blame it on the language barrier. But it is nice to be back in my home country, and one thing that I missed - BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I am under the opinion that they are more American than a hamburger, as i had plenty of hamburgers over the last almost 2 years, but never once did i see a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

We have been having fun on the weekends - biking to beer festivals, hiking up mount Si in the snow, camping at Cape Disappointment, driving up to Deception Pass, among other things. We even spent some weekends down in SD. I uploaded some random pictures here if you want to take a look.

As I have no real vacation time at the moment, we will generally be exploring the area on long weekends with everyone else and his uncle. This weekend we will be going to Ross Lake in the Northern Cascades to rent a canoe and camp along the lake shore while eating cheese-its and not shooting fireworks.

But I think they are legal in Washington, so maybe some fishermen will have some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brian and Vicki,

I am so glad the blog is updated! And I agree about the pulled pork sandwiches, in fact we had some last night along with sweet potatoe fries! It looks so pretty and green up there, and we are so glad you like it. We honeymooned in Seattle-rode the ferrys, stayed in a haunted hotel on San Juan Islands, visited the gardens, and went for hikes in Olympic Nat Park-actually we didn't want to leave!

Love Pamela and Jim

Anonymous said...

Be sure to visit the Buchard Gardens on Vancouver Island!

Pamela and Jim