According to the newspaper, the sun shown for a total of 20 hours on Helsinki in December. So this last weekend when we had three days in a row of clear skies, it was really refreshing. I had forgotten what the sun looked like, and how much it hurt my eyes. And then following that we had some nice snow for about 3 more days. What I like most about living in this area is the walks in the forest and swamps. Particularly a swamp in Teijo about a 20 minute drive away, mainly because I have never seen anyone there whom I did not start the walk with (and its quite pretty). It's really neat to not have to travel far to feel like you are remote and in the middle of no where. Especially these last few days after the snow where every where I went I saw no foot prints except mine and the rabbits'.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Dark Uninhabited Forest
According to the newspaper, the sun shown for a total of 20 hours on Helsinki in December. So this last weekend when we had three days in a row of clear skies, it was really refreshing. I had forgotten what the sun looked like, and how much it hurt my eyes. And then following that we had some nice snow for about 3 more days. What I like most about living in this area is the walks in the forest and swamps. Particularly a swamp in Teijo about a 20 minute drive away, mainly because I have never seen anyone there whom I did not start the walk with (and its quite pretty). It's really neat to not have to travel far to feel like you are remote and in the middle of no where. Especially these last few days after the snow where every where I went I saw no foot prints except mine and the rabbits'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree. Teijo is beautiful. Just you and the rabbits watch out for the wolves and lynx!
Hi Brian,
Does Finland have a version of Sasquatch, because "Uninhabited" looks like prime habitat for one...if I were there I would be looking over my shoulder!!!
Pamela and Jim
Post a Comment