About a day after my last post it warmed up again, just a few degrees, and soon all the white streets turned to black and the piles of snow by the road became piles of dirt and gravel and ice. Then rain, rain, and more rain. It sure is taking along time for winter to come to Finland this year. Though I did see the sun today (its been well over 2 weeks) so maybe we will get a North wind and everything will freeze again. Here is hoping.
Ok, so I am moving away from Finland soon. While I do love it here, and could do it again one day, its just that there is just someone I'd like to see more often. So soon we will make our way to try Seattle. But as for this blog.. I am not sure what its future will be. While I am still not in San Diego, and I will be living near an international boarder, I am don't think that Canada sounds as remote as Estonia or Russia. I could try to post a dry comment or too and pictures of all the hiking trips (I am so looking forward to living near mountains again), and stories about trying to communicate with the Canadians if I do venture north. But I don't think it's as interesting to you guys. Plus, being in the same time zone and all, you will see alot more of me in person. So this is your warning.
And the other thing - my camera has sorta died on me. So for my last month here it will be difficult to post pictures. But I don't have many plans, so the pictures would mostly be of drunken friends at going away parties and of me trying to get a job in Seattle. But I'll try.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Brian,
Three words...Pacific Crest Trail!
We're glad you are coming back stateside!!!
Pamela and Jim
Here's hoping the blog will continue. When I am thinking of you....all I have to do is click on your blog and presto, you are there.
So it is a selfish reason..
I am looking forward to having you closer. Several hundred instead of thousands. :)
Post a Comment