Monday, January 28, 2008

Ice Under Foot


There was some snow last week, which melted and then froze over night, leaving a lovely layer of ice on most walk ways and roads. This is the time of year when I really feel like a foreigner as I almost fall on my butt at least twice per day. And the car I am borrowing (I sold mine) has a broken speedometer, which means driving on icy roads is so much more exciting.

But at the same time, it is so much more beautiful out. Yesterday I was able to go for a hike in the swamp which was covered in snow and frost. Its not deep enough to cover all the plants, which makes it look all the more pleasant. And there was even some pale blue sky to look at. I brought along a phone so I could share a picture or two with you guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and hope you don't slip too much.