
Just to clarify, I have to look up these sayings. I can't actually pronounce them very well. But Merry Christmas! It seems that the day before Christmas is the big event here. At least that was when my friends were going to see family and eat food and cookies. My goal was to take some pictures of what it is like during Christmas in Finland. But really, its not that different. There is a big tree in the market square, and the mall has lights and plastic Santas, but as far as lights on homes... not so much. Many people put electric candles in their windows. I tried to take a picture with my spiffy point and shoot digital camera. You can see the exciting result. This is just from what I have seen here in Salo. I don't get out much, so it could be different in a larger town such as Helsinki or Turku.
No comments:
Post a Comment